When Overland decided a new home was needed to accommodate growth and better reflect firm culture, we aimed to take the practice into the heart of San Antonio’s burgeoning revitalization—downtown. But in the process of designing an office space, we realized we had a greater opportunity—to revitalize a city block and cast a vision for the future of our city.
Reduction from National Median EUI for Building Type
Reduction of regulated potable water
FSC certified wood
Occupant Satisfaction rate
A very successful example of a creative, low-cost adaptive reuse project that maintains the integrity and the character of the building. Introduction of contemporary structural, electrical, and mechanical systems was done in such a way as to not detract from the historic elements of the building. This proves that making use of a high percentage of reused and repurposed materials can be done creatively and affordably.
The American Institute of Architects Committee on the Environment (AIA COTE) Top Ten Green Projects Awards is one of the most prestigious programs in the industry, celebrating structures that use a thoroughly integrated approach to architecture, natural systems, and technology to provide architectural solutions which protect and enhance the environment.
- Chicago Athenaeum Green Good Design 2016
- SA Tomorrow Sustainability Award 2015
- AIA COTE Top Ten Award 2015
- AIA COTE San Antonio Design Award 2014
- Texas Society of Architects Design Award 2014
- AIA San Antonio Design Merit Award 2014
- Centro San Antonio Best of Downtown Awards, Best of Greater Downtown 2014
- Power of Preservation Foundation Adaptive Reuse Award 2013
- Architectural Products, “Function: Overland Partners Offices,” April 2016
- Dezeen, “Overland Partners Transforms a San Antonio Warehouse into a Lofty Studio,” June 2015
- Metropolis Magazine, “The Top Ten Greenest Buildings of 2015,” April 2015
- SNAP, “Time and Time Again,” March/April 2015
- Facades+, “Overland Unclogs Historic Plumbing Warehouse,” November 2014
- Texas Architect, “2014 Design Awards Hughes: Warehouse Adaptive Reuse,” September 2014
- SA Express-News, “From Warehouse to Wow,” August 2013
- Texas Architect, “Warehouse Transformation,” July/August 2013
- BizNow, “Three Cool Cribs,” July 2013