Hermann Park is one of Houston’s finest and most-visited public parks. But visitors to Houston’s beloved park would hardly guess that for years it had been underresourced and went through a long period of neglect. The Hermann Park Conservancy was established to guide the restoration of the park through a comprehensive master plan detailing a series of improvements. The creation of Lake Plaza, designed by Overland, was one such improvement, serving as a visitor entry and destination for rest, gathering, and play.
Overland’s vision and guidance helped the Hermann Park Conservancy transform a dilapidated area of our park into a place that is vibrant and alive with visitor activity.
- AIA San Antonio Honor Award 2011
- Illuminating Engineering Society of North America, Illumination Section Award 2011
- ED+C Magazine Excellence in Design Awards Honorable Mention 2010
- ASLA Texas Merit Award 2010
- ULI Houston Development of Distinction Award 2010
- Keep Houston Beautiful Mayor’s Award Proud Partner Award 2009
- DFW Construction News, “What is So Good About Going Green?,” May 2010
- Houston Construction News, “Going Green,” May 2010
- Houston Business Journal, “City’s Green Resource Building Earns LEED Certification,” April 2010
- ArchInnovations, “Houston’s Hermann Park Lake Plaza Receives LEED Gold from the USGBC,” March 2010
- GreenBuildingDigest.com, “New Green Hermann Park Lake Plaza,” March 2010
- Houston’s BisNow Deal Sheet, “Environment Section,” March 2010
- Houston Chronicle Online – Homes Section, “Houston projects get LEED Gold Certification,” March 2010
- Houston Business Journal, “Hermann Park Entity Earns Gold LEED,” February 2010