Seeking to minister to the disenfranchised and burnt-out, Riverbend Church’s leaders wanted to provide an alternative experience that felt different from those where their community members had once been “bruised, battered, broken, and bored.” This authentic alternative to mainstream Christianity struck a chord with a growing population, and soon the ministry was overflowing, in need of a facility to accommodate their thriving community. The new church facilities provide an ideal venue for a multitude of functions, but most importantly, create a safe and intimate space for those who consider it their church home.
They [Overland] have astonished me with their ability to carefully listen to our vague ideas of what we want, to ask us insightful questions and design something that exceeds our expectations.
- Faith and Form Magazine Millennium Design Award (Religious Architecture – New Facilities) 2001
- Builder Magazine Gold Nugget Award for Architectural Excellence 2000
- Illuminating Engineering Society International Illumination Design Merit Award 1999
- Architectural Design Award of Excellence 1998
- Associated General Contractors Austin Outstanding Construction Award 1998
- Texas Construction Magazine Best of Awards Architectural Design Award of Excellence 1998
- Architecture for the Gods, “Book 2 Volume 2,” February 2006
- Church and Worship Technology, “Visible Nature of Design,” November 2001
- Metal Architecture, “Metal Plays Role in Church’s Contemporary Design,” October 1998
- Austin American-Statesman, “Worship Center Debuts at Riverbend,” April 1998